Friday, February 25, 2011

What happened to progress?

I have done it. I can do it. I will do it again. Losing weight is simple in theory eat right (What is "right?").. exercise (With what time?).. get results (Easier said then done.)


When I think of addiction the words "drugs" or "alcohol" come to mind but I have a different addiction. It's food. I have battled food for so long. For years I was over weight and decided it was time for a change. I did my research and knew what I had to do. I began doing those things..and slowly saw progress. In April 2007 I weighed 250 pounds. After my my decision to change my life(it truly was a life changing transformation) by November 2008 I had lost over 90 pounds. I changed my life. I was happy. 


What happened to my progress? I gave in. I stopped trying. I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I started eating to celebrate.. I started eating to help cope with the bad days.. I started eating because I had too much time. 


What do I do now? I start again. I am a twenty year old mother to a beautiful four month old boy. I want his relationship with food to be different than mine. I want him to truly believe in "eating to live.. not living to eat."


It's not complicated .. I know what to do .. so now it is time to do it. I know I can't do it alone. I need support. I want to change lives. I want to show people it IS possible. 





Here are some pictures of my past accomplishments and my present inspiration. 
                                  
April 2007 at my highest weight. 250 pounds. 

                                              
                                            

October 2008. 155 pounds. 



November 2008. 145-150 pounds


December 2010.. 206 pounds. 
                                                                                                                                   

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome transformation! I know you can do it again! You obviously have the willpower!

    ReplyDelete